Labeling a layer - MapInfo TAB via OGR

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri May 26 11:41:10 EDT 2006

Julian Parker wrote:
> Greetings all,
>

> This seemed like it would be a simple problem but I have not been able
> to figure out how to get it working. I am trying to label a layer that
> is referencing a MapInfo TAB file but the labels wont show up and I have
> not been able to track down any info on what I am doing wrong (or I am
> REALLY missing something!) Below is a snippet of my MAP file:

>     STYLEITEM "AUTO"

>     CLASS
>
>             NAME "Suburbs"
>
>             LABEL
>
>                         COLOR 0 0 0
>
>                         SIZE 20
>
>             END

Julian,

My understanding is that your CLASS styling information will be ignored
when using autostyling.  I'm not sure why rendering of the labels isn't
working though.  Is it possible you are not properly mapping the font
names?  I think there is a bit in the howto explaining what the default
font name is that needs to be mapped in your fonts.lst file.

Best regards,