Raster image won't reload after map query

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed May 31 12:22:38 EDT 2006

Stephen H. Savage wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>    I have a MapServer application that uses aWMS raster image for the
> background.  When I perform a map query the map redraws and hilites features in
> the query rectangle, but the background raster doesn't redraw.  If I then hit
> the zoom to full extent (ROSA) button, the image redraws.  Any thoughts on
> what's stopping the redraw after a query?  Here's the .map file:

Stephen,

Sorry, it isn't at all obvious to me.  Is it possible you could reduce this
to a single call reproducable sort of thing?  In theory, if you are using
the cgi version of mapserver directly then things are essentially stateless.
Well, that is, all state is carried in the url.  So if you can capture the
url of the request where the raster does not redraw properly, and test it
against a reduced mapfile with just the WMS layer, perhaps we can boil
this down to something easily reproduced by a developer.

If you can, then please submit as a bug also indicating the version of
mapserver being used.

Of course, looking at the "neatness" off your mapfile, it is also possible
that it is saved from mapscript and your application is built using mapscript
and that the query is in the same process as the improperly renderered raster.
If that is the case, isolating it may be harder, but at least you could
provide more detail.

Best regards,