WFS GetFeature works, WFS GetCapabilities doesn't

H. Porath porath at WEB.DE
Wed May 31 02:21:12 EDT 2006

Hi Jim,

Maybe you have an syntax error in your wfs_onlineresource, which is only needed for the getcapabilities-request.  You might find more information about your error in the web server error log file.

Regards,

Holger

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jim Dickerson <Jim.Dickerson at STATE.MN.US>
Gesendet: 30.05.06 23:52:07
An: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Betreff: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WFS GetFeature works, WFS GetCapabilities doesn't

I'm using Mapserver 4.8.3 on Linux to serve WFS, and while I've gotten
it to deliver GML, I get a 500 Internal Server Error when I try a
GetCapabilities.  The same mapfile, when run against MS4W 4.8.3 delivers
a GetCapabilities just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Jim Dickerson
Data Coordinator
Land Management Information Center
Office of Geographic and Demographic Analysis
Department of Administration
651-201-2484
National Grid  Coordinates: 15T VK 92174 77737