Line width and projection question

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Wed Sep 13 19:35:11 EDT 2006

ed at topozone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Christopher Watson
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:41 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Line width and projection question

Hi,

I'm after a fix / work around to what is probably a common problem when
using geographic projections.

I'm using the WGS84 projection (epsg:4326) are there is no 'wrap around'
past the 180E/W meridian, i.e., if i center the map on 180E then the
western half of my global coastline shapefile will not show (with the
inverse is true if i center on 180W).

Tips anyone?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,