OGR MySQL Spatial Connection

Dylan Rawlins dylan at MAPSERVER.CO.ZA
Fri Sep 15 06:18:16 EDT 2006

I am trying to connect to a spatial table in MySQl using an OGR
connection and ovf file.

The ovf:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="aqidata">

<SrcDataSource>MYSQL:test,user=ABC123,password=*****,host=localhost,port
=3306,tables=glacier</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM glacier</SrcSQL>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
		<Geometry_Name>ref</Geometry_Name>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

The mapfile:

LAYER
    NAME "MyAqi"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE POINT
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "aqidata.ovf"
    DATA "aqidata"
    CLASS
       NAME "MyClass"
           STYLE
               SYMBOL 'circle'
               SIZE 15
               COLOR 0 255 0
           END
    END
END

When I connect to the ovf via FWTools it works fine. However, when I try
and connect through PHP Mapscript (v4.8) I get the following error:

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named
'MyAqi'. in C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\htdocs\test\OGR\RoWMapProcess.php on line 425

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msOGRFileOpen(): Open failed for OGR
connection `aqidata.ovf'. Failed to open datasource
`MYSQL:test,user=ABC123,password=*****,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=g
lacier'. in C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\htdocs\test\OGR\RoWMapProcess.php on line 425

Any ideas on what I have overlooked??