gdalwarp with change in projection for tiles then adjacent tiles overlap slightly with a black border at edge.

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Thu Apr 5 11:20:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

You can mosaic all the original tiles to gdal VRT virtual mosaic in seconds by using a modified gdal_merge python script.  There are references to this in mailing list archives.  If you then use this VRT as source and give the extents you would like to have on your result image for gdalwarp (parameter TE if I remember it right just now) you will get a seamless image with one run.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of David Lowther
Sent: Thu 5.4.2007 18:01
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] gdalwarp with change in projection for tiles then adjacent tiles overlap slightly with a black border at edge.

Not easily that I have found.

One method that I have used was to calculate the overlap from adjacent
images necessary to cover the black border resulting from projection,
generate an image from the source tile and the eight adjacent tiles (not the
whole of the adjacent tiles, just the requisite margin), project, the clip
back to target projected extent.

However, if you can afford the disk space, creating the one large mosaic,
projecting, and then clipping out tiles is way easier.

David Lowther

  _____