Problem: ANGLEITEM and TRANSPARENT

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at DUIF.NET
Fri Apr 6 10:05:21 EDT 2007

Hi All,
I have some troubles also with transparent symbols

server version:
MapServer version 4.10.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SU
PPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPP
ORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAP
EFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

using transparent png AND output as a png (AND using 'TRANSPARENCY
ALPHA' as Daniel proposed), results in transparent image symbols, but
ONLY for the 90, 180 and 270 degrees rotation ???
See attachement: all the same symbol, rotated different degrees.

So it looks like Peter's 'overlapping' problem seems to me not an
overlapping symbol, but more an 'amount of rotation symbol'.
Maybe this 'conclusion' is helpfull?
It would be nice if rotating image symbols will be fixed one day.

Grtz

Richard Duivenvoorde