Is it possible to randomly color polygons?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at FAUNALIA.IT
Fri Apr 13 15:27:06 EDT 2007

Good suggestion.
Would you mind submitting it as a wish on the qgis bugtracker?
Unfortunately, due to spammers, you should request an username to do so,
but it is a simple process.
All the best.
pc

János Gonzales ha scritto:
> Hey Paolo,
>
> I know this topic was started by talking about random colors.  But
> it's still desirable to have some control over which random colors get
> picked.    It would be really nice if  QGIS had a dropdown of color
> ramps in the Layer Properties window, sort of like in the attached
> image (taken from arc map).
>
> Janos
>

> On 4/13/07, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Easy to change, however, both from the user and the programmer's point
> of view.
> Do you have specific suggestions?
> pc
>
> János Gonzales ha scritto:
>> Thanks Paolo,
>
>> I didn't realize msexport.exe was a separate program.   I had to
>> install python 2.5 for windows and get the dwmapi.dll  and copy
>> python25.dll and dwmapi in the qgis folder  for it work.   But now it
>> does now and exporting the mapfile works. NICE !    Now, if only QGIS
>> would have nicer colors ....
>
>> Janos

- --
Paolo Cavallini