Possible MS4W bug? Error using shape.setValue().

Rodrigo Del C. Andrade rodrigo.andrade at DIGITRO.COM.BR
Mon Apr 16 10:12:16 EDT 2007

    Greetings,

    We've encountered some problems migrating from mapserver 4.8 to
mapserver 4.10.1, specifically java mapscript.
    We have some development machines running an in-house built
mapscript and some boxes running windows 2k with the latest MS4W
binaries. The following problems happen on the windows boxes, but the
same code works fine on the linux one:
   at some point in our code, a loop makes 3 calls to shape.setValue()
to store some strings for later use. After migrating to 4.10.1, we added
shape.initValues(3) to the method as instructed in the migration guide
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/current/migration_guide_48_410)
and that was fine. On the linux machines it all works fine, but *only*
on the windows machines it kills the application.
    Debugging the offending code step by step showed that the methods
are called and the values are set without errors the first time trough
the loop, then when it enters the iteration for the 2nd time. a new
shapeObj is created, initValue() goes about its business without errors
and when it tries to setValue() the first element Tomcat and the whole
application goes  down. Below is a snipet of the trace, full log attached

Stack: [0x0db70000,0x0dbb0000),  sp=0x0dbacb24,  free space=242k
Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code,
C=native code)
C  [ntdll.dll+0x4c024]
C  [MSVCR71.dll+0x16b3]
C  [MSVCR71.dll+0x16db]
C  [mapscript.dll+0x33e6b]
edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapscriptJNI.shapeObj_setValue(JILjava/lang/String;)I+0
j  edu.umn.gis.mapscript.shapeObj.setValue(ILjava/lang/String;)I+6

   Any ideas?
   Thanks in advance

   Rodrigo

--
*Rodrigo Del C. Andrade*
/Programador/

*DÍGITRO TECNOLOGIA*
*E-mail:* rodrigo.andrade at digitro.com.br
<mailto:rodrigo.andrade at digitro.com.br>
*Fone:* +55 48 3281-7314 / +55 48 3281-7000
*Fax:* +55 48 3281-7299
*Site:* www.digitro.com <http://www.digitro.com>