Use of different epsg code

Antonio volpicelli at OATO.INAF.IT
Fri Apr 20 05:02:12 EDT 2007

Thanks Brent,
I start to see a bit of light.
So I tried to change units in meters but there is always something not
clear.

I have :
MAP
    NAME ASTRO
    STATUS ON
    EXTENT -18000000 -9000000 18000000 9000000
    UNITS meters
    TRANSPARENT ON
    SHAPEPATH "G:/GalexData/TestPoint"
    CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "E:/ms4w/proj/nad/"

    PROJECTION
            "init=epsg:54009"  # Mollweide
      END

and at the layer level If I define epsg:54009 with MAXARC=1 and
MAXINTERVAL=1500000 the graticule is just rectangular grid.
If I define epsg:4326 with MAXARC=1 and MAXINTERVAL=15 I can see the
whole mollweide sphere.
My application use astronomic data then my shape files data are in sky
coordinates  ( somenthing like Lon and Lat) .
If I draw using mapserver one of this shape (see LAYER "TestPoints") ,
the objects go in the right position in the Mollweide projection , the
only thing is that the grid and the data are not using the same projection.
I tried to use Aitoff projection too.
There isn't an epsg code for that, so I inserted one with an unused id .
But here too , in the layer definition I have to use epsg:4326 to plot
the points in the Aitoff projection but I am not able to draw the grid
sphere.

Thanks a lot

Antonio

LAYER
   NAME "Grid"
   METADATA
     "DESCRIPTION" "Grid"
   END
   TYPE LINE
   STATUS OFF
   CLASS
     NAME "Graticule"
     COLOR 123 123 123
  END
  PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
      #"init=epsg:54009" # Mollweide
  END
  GRID
    MAXARCS 2
   # MAXINTERVAL 15000000

  END

LAYER
  NAME "TestPoints"
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON

  DATA "TestPoints"
  PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4326"
  END

  LABELITEM 'tilename'
  DUMP true

  CLASS
    NAME "TestPoint"
    STYLE
      SIZE 2
      OUTLINECOLOR 123 123 123
      COLOR 0 0 255
        END
    LABEL
      MINFEATURESIZE 200
    END

  END

   METADATA
      GML_INCLUDE_ITEMS "tilename,survey,ra,dec,nuvexptime,fuvexptime"
      WMS_SERVER_VERSION "1.1.1"
      WMS_FORMAT "image/png"
      WMS_TITLE "Galex AIS Survey"
      WMS_ABSTRACT "SDSS DR3 imaging level 0"