Bug ? : GetCapabilites

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Apr 20 08:31:18 EDT 2007

Yves Jacolin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Somebody in a french forum got an error with mapserver. I tested it with
> mapserv 4.10.1. The problem come from this line in the mapfile :
> "wms_contactelectronicmailaddress" "email at domainname.fr"
>
> the GetCapabilities, send this :
> <Service>
>     [..]
>     <ContactInformation>
> <ContactElectronicMailAddress>email at domainname.fr</ContactElectronicMailAddress>
> </Service>
>
> As you can see, the </ContactInformation> closed tag does not appear. Is it a
> known bug ?

Yves,

It looks like this is still a bug in the dev version as well.  Reading the code
I believe you can work around this problem by supplying either the
"contactperson" or "contactorganization" metadata as well which causes a
slightly different code path to be used.  I imagine this is why this hasn't
already been commented on.

Please file a bug on this I'm sure Assefa, Tom or someone will fix the code.

Best regards,