Expression that detects patterns

Lawrence Hartpence hartpence_gis at CO.JASPER.IA.US
Fri Apr 20 15:26:47 EDT 2007

Hello.

I want to perform an ItemQuery that will find a certain string subset whether it
appears at the beginning, end or middle.  I thought it was something like this:
('[SUB]' =~ /'[string]'/).  I thought this was how you looked for a goroup of
letters, but MapServer thinks that [string] is an item.  I used this expression
with some success: ('[SUB]' =~ /'.string.'/), but this does not give me
anything that starts or ends with the string; only cases where the string is in
the middle.

Any help in how to do this would be appreciated.

Lawrence Hartpence