MS4W: Queries on classified rasters

Marco Cerruti cerruti.marco at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 20 16:18:02 EDT 2007

My mistake, I replied only to Frank.
So here is everything (hopefully) you need to test the bug.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marco Cerruti <cerruti.marco at gmail.com>
Date: 20-apr-2007 16.46
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MS4W: Queries on classified rasters
To: Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>

So ...

here's the link to download the zip file:
http://www.marcocerruti.it/MS4W_test.zip

In the zip there are:
- minimal mapfile (only two classified raster layers presenting the problem)
- raster data (a couple of mbytes)
- query templates (problem is on queries, I think you need them)
- map template, html legend template, and a few of necessary files to let
everything properly work (css, images, scripts)

URL triggering the problem:
[yourlocalhost]/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/valgrande_test/vg.map&layer=dem&layer=class_2000&mode=browse
<http://localhost:81/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/valgrande_test/vg.map&layer=dem&layer=class_2000&mode=browse>
Just select query mode (question mark) and try to query these two layers.

Bug reported:
In querying classified raster layers the following error occurs:
*msDrawShape(): General error message. Unknown layer type.*
The same error does not occur if raster layers are not classified.

Thanks in advance,
Marco