Attributes in tile indexes?

Jeff Dege jdege at KORTERRA.COM
Mon Apr 23 10:53:14 EDT 2007

Well, I've been looking at this in more detail, and finding that the
tileindex layer isn't drawing at all.  With all other layers turned off,
when I use shp2img with an extent that causes the tile layer to draw, I
get a blank image.  When I change the layer to use the original
shapefile, I get the data displayed.  (And the layer takes 40 seconds to
draw, even after I've run shptree on the shapefile, which is why I've
been playing around with tiling.)

I identified the individual tile shapefile that contains the area I'm
trying to draw and used it directly, and it works fine.  So the
splitting apart seems to be working.  But the tileindex shapefile seems
to be broken.