What's the best OUTPUTFORMAT for ECW-files using WMS

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Mon Apr 23 12:57:37 EDT 2007

> On a side note, are WMS-images delivered on the same way like f.i.
> google maps, earth do that or should I say is Google Earth some sort
> of great WMS-client...sorry if this is not relevant to the original
> question, though it's interesting to know.

Google Earth can read WMS, yes. But that great imagery is not WMS; it's
some proprietary Google format, with some nasty Terms of Use behind them.
This keeps coming up, folks wanting to load Google Earth's data via WMS,
but sadly it can't be...