msResampleGDALToMap<>: no overlap ... no result

Rafael Szajbel szajbel at WIDEMANN.DE
Wed Apr 25 05:18:36 EDT 2007

Thank you very much for explanation.
I corrected the extent in my mapfile and now the raster image appears.

Rafael

  From: Frank Warmerdam
  To: Rafael Szajbel
  Cc: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:13 PM
  Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] msResampleGDALToMap<>: no overlap ... no result

  Rafael Szajbel wrote:
  > Hi all,
  >
  > I try to create a map with just one raster image (8bits tiff) using
  > shp2img (from FWTools 1.2.2) and get this error message:
  >
  > msDrawRasterLayerLow<Orthophotos>: entering.
  > GDAL: GDALOpen<path to the image> succeeds as GTiff.
  > msResampleGDALToMap<>: no overlap ... no result.
  > GDAL: GDALClose<path to the image>
  >
  > Here is my layer definition :
  >
  > LAYER
  >     NAME "Orthophotos"
  >     STATUS ON
  >     DATA "../raster/luftbilder/0339205466_dop5__c_025_m2.tif"
  >     TYPE RASTER
  >     DEBUG ON
  > END
  >
  > Hope somebody can help!

  Rafael,

  The message means essentially what it says.  As far as the software
  can tell there is no overlap between the map region requested, and the
  region covered by the TIFF file.  I would encourage you to review the
  extents you requested, the extents reported by gdalinfo for the file,
  and the coordinate system information on the map (or in the request) and
  for the layer.

  Best regards,