Simplified state outline data?

Jeff Dege jdege at KORTERRA.COM
Wed Apr 25 15:35:15 EDT 2007

In this application, that won't matter.  But since in other
applications, it might, what do you mean by "using Topology"?

________________________________

	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of David William Bitner
	Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:25 PM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Simplified state outline
data?

	Although if you are not using Topology, this will likely lead to
lots of slivers between the states.

	On 4/24/07, Aaron Racicot < aaronr at z-pulley.com
<mailto:aaronr at z-pulley.com> > wrote:

		You can load [1] the data into PostGIS and use the
simplify function [2] to
		create a simplified geometry, and even dump back to
shapefile [3] if you
		wish.

		[1] -
http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2707142