GD vs AGG performance...

John Cole john.cole at UAI.COM
Thu Aug 23 14:56:07 EDT 2007

Perhaps it's too early to discuss performance differences, but I was curious
if the current AGG rendering speed is what to expect.

Looking at a few of my mapfiles, AGG is aprox 5 times slower than GD on MS5
(with MS4 GD just a hair faster than MS5 GD).

The maps look great, but after spending a lot of time getting maps below
100ms, it's hurts to see them over a second again :-(  Just want my cake and
get to eat it too :-)

Thanks,

John