WCS and Reprojection with TileItem

Jerome Martin gooogle at FREE.FR
Thu Feb 1 09:11:01 EST 2007

Hi Norman,

I tried to do a request on his website, but i still have the same problem that i
 already have on my own server.

when i ask a simple resquest on the srtm (thanks for the link), i can see the
data on epsg:4326
http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/icedswcs?VERSION=1.0.0&SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&coverage=srtm&width=400&height=400&bbox=2,49,3,50&crs=epsg:4326&FORMAT=geotiff_int16
this links works fine, but they are no reprojection.

Now when i try to convert to the UTM zone on this data (France, north to Paris,
so UTM zone 31N : epsg:32631), i have only this :
http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/icedswcs?VERSION=1.0.0&SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&coverage=srtm&width=400&height=400&bbox=425000,5427000,500000,5539000&crs=epsg:32631&FORMAT=geotiff_int16
this links give me the good boundingbox but not the data inside ! only Om data
elevation !

Now if i add on this request : RESPONSE_CRS=epsg:32631, i have the same result,
http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/icedswcs?VERSION=1.0.0&SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&coverage=srtm&width=400&height=400&bbox=425000,5427000,500000,5539000&crs=epsg:32631&FORMAT=geotiff_int16&RESPONSE_CRS=epsg:32631

Now if i try the response_crs in 32631 and the crs in 4326 with bbox in 32631, i
have always this same 0m elevation data :
http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/icedswcs?VERSION=1.0.0&SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&coverage=srtm&width=400&height=400&bbox=425000,5427000,500000,5539000&crs=epsg:4326&FORMAT=geotiff_int16&RESPONSE_CRS=epsg:32631

So i really don't understand where is the problem.

Thanks for this site.

I will see now the zip we can find on the site to see the mapfile i used to do
this excellent and nice site.

But i'm still convinced mapserv has a bug because theses kinds of requests are
possible in WMS Service !

Cordialy,

Jérôme

http://iceds.ge.ucl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/icedswcs?SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=DescribeCoverage&Coverage=srtm