looking for a MapInfo Native Format(Tab File) Specification

Thu Feb 1 10:14:39 EST 2007

Zhonghai Wang wrote:

> I know this is not a real MapServer related question, but I really need
> information from your guys.
>
> I've googled it, but I cannot find anything. Does anyone have this
> specification?

I'm not aware of a formal specification document. If you find one then
I'd love to get a copy too.  :)

If you can read C++ then the most complete source of information that
I'm aware of is the source code of the MITAB library
(http://mitab.maptools.org/).

There are also a few docs with bits of information at the following URLs:

http://www.routeware.dk/notes.html
http://members.aol.com/MapToolsCompany/tabdef.txt
http://www.paris-pc-gis.com/mb_r/doc/Tab_file_format/tab_file_format.htm

Daniel