Mapserver & SDE 9.1 performance

Brock Anderson banders at REFRACTIONS.NET
Thu Feb 1 18:34:07 EST 2007

Emmanuel,

I have no idea why SDE is sending two responses, but...

are you using FastCGI?  I've found the ArcSDE connection overhead can
take 1-2 seconds (per layer, per request).  Mapserver can use connection
pooling to ease that problem, but only if you're running with FastCGI.

    http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/fastcgi

Brock