Raster Image and Shapefile Alignment

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Fri Feb 2 01:02:05 EST 2007

> Ok here is the sitution I have a raster image and shapefile data but the
> two do not line up correctly.

Are you positive that they're both in the same projection? Or, do you know
the projection for each one? I've had so many annoyances in the past where
something was in "CA State Plane II" and then had to figure out which of
the five CA State Plane II projections it really was. :)

If you know the projection for each, be sure to specify it in your mapfile
using a PROJECTION block in your LAYER block. You can probably get more
help on that once we know a bit more about the matter.

Best of luck, Brad.

-G