non-square shapefiles and tileindex

Ara.T.Howard ara.t.howard at NOAA.GOV
Sun Feb 4 02:23:56 EST 2007

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Ara,
>
> Yes, I do that frequently.  Note that all items from the tileindex that
> touch the map request area *are* rendered.

huh.  that's not what i'm seeing, so i've probably made a mistake.

for instance, if you make this request

   http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/eog/maps/public/dmsp/F15/2007/02/01/?SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&Coverage=vis&CRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-180,20,180,30&Format=png

you'll see only one orbit in the image.  this is odd since every orbit crosses
this area.  the orbit shown is the __first__ orbit which crosses the area.
the mapfile i'm using is here

   http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/eog/maps/public/dmsp/F15/2007/02/01/mapfile

the script here

   http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/eog/maps/public/dmsp/F15/2007/02/01/php

and all data, including shapfiles, here

   http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/eog/maps/public/dmsp/F15/2007/02/01/data/

have i made an error in my mapfile?  all images are in the tileindex file and
all images contain data in the requested area.  still, only one is rendered?

kind regards.

-a
--
we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being better.
simply reflect on that.