Showing multiple layers using one checkbox

Fischer, Brian bfischer at HOUSTONENGINEERINGINC.COM
Mon Feb 5 09:22:46 EST 2007

If you want to always show the legend no matter what layers are turned
on or off.  I would just pregenerate the legend once and have it linked
to a static image.  No reason for mapserver to generate this everytime
the map changes on the fly when nothing in the legend is changing.  The
easist way to do this is use the legend utility that comes with the
mapserver download.  Just temporary set all your layers to on and run
the utility.  It will generate an image to use.  The easiest way to
handle the group layers is to only put the name in one of those layers
instead of all.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Brian Fischer