shpree error while loading shared libraries

P Kishor punkish at EIDESIS.ORG
Mon Feb 5 14:16:36 EST 2007

On 2/5/07, Howard Butler <hobu at iastate.edu> wrote:
> It appears that they linked it against the ArcSDE libraries.  You
> will likely have to recompile yourself or acquire the SDE SDK .so
> files for ArcSDE 8.3.

Yes, so they did. Yet, everything else works (well, I should correct
that -- mapserv works fine via cgi, but the command line utils croak).

Question -- can I build shptree all by itself (in fact, I would like
to do that on my Macbook as well without having to build the entire
kitchen sink).

A related question -- it is correct to assume that indexes built on
one computer will work on another computer? So, if I index my shape
files on a 'doze computer and move it to Red Hat or Mac, will the
indexes work?

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation http://www.osgeo.org/education/