Using ODBC/OVF with MS SQL

mikiet mike.talbutt at DOTTEDEYES.COM
Tue Feb 6 12:11:18 EST 2007

Hi , further to my previous message, I've done a lot of head scratching and
experimentation and have managed to refine the problem.......

I removed the SrcSQL from my OVF file and replaced it with a SrcLayer

At first I still received no annotations, however when i zoomed in by
changing the map extents my annotations appeared.

I can put this second issue (the annotations only appearing at a zoomed in
view) down to the performance required to  annotate quite a large number of
point on the map. However my way to get around this was to use the SrcSQL
to limit the number of points being brought back. Can anyone tell me if
there is a problem using this with ODBC/OVF as I was not having the problem
using the OVF with my MySQL database...

Cheers
Mike.