Restricting size of image/raster for WMS and WCS request not working

Vincent J. Troisi Vincent.Troisi at COLORADO.EDU
Wed Feb 7 18:39:04 EST 2007

our MapServer installation seems to be ignoring these attributes for
both WMS and WCS requests.
These values are set in the METADATA section for the map file, as in the
following example:

ows_maxwidth "2000" # maximum possible width request, in pixels
ows_maxheight "2000" # maximum possible height request, in pixels

The upshot of this is we will not be able to limit the size of the raster
requested through the mapserver. Any thoughts why we might be
experiencing this problem? The mapserver configuration is

MapServer version 4.6.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE