Problem with queryByAttributes

Dirk Jesko ml.dje at GEOCONTENT.DE
Thu Feb 8 11:32:31 EST 2007

Hello,

I would like to query a layer which gets its data from PostGIS. Which
syntax has to be used for the qstring argument of the queryByAttributes
function? I tried the usual syntax of a WHERE clause, but it failed.
Example:

queryByAttribures("gid", "gid = 16", MS_MULTIPLE) and
queryByAttribures("gid", "gid = 16 OR gid = 17", MS_MULTIPLE) work.

However, the following calls do not work

queryByAttribures("gid", "gid = '16'", MS_MULTIPLE)
queryByAttribures("gid", "gid IN (16, 17)", MS_MULTIPLE)

In such a case postgres reports a syntax error, because the WHERE clause
is incomplete: WHERE (gid = ) resp. WHERE (gid IN ), i.e. the values are
missing.

Do I have to specify the expression differently or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Dirk