Implementing Mapserver and AJAX (Need info and advice)

Yash Amin fatmanyash at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 8 19:35:20 EST 2007

hi i am a complete novice in all this, and waantedto have a webpage which
will show the maps, which when clicked on will point towards my recipes.
can anybody help
http://fatmanyash.com

cheers.
yash

On 2/8/07, Bradley Mclain <bradleym06 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ok I have a working mapserver up and running serving the data I want. The
> next step I was hoping to achieve was to expand this so that it could use
> AJAX style functionality (like Google Maps, with smooth panning and zoom
> etc).
>
> I was looking for advice on what it the best way of going about this, the
> two products I have come across are ka-map and msCross. However I know
> nothing about them or where to start. (msCross while looking really good
> appears to be dead or inactive).
>
> The final step in the process that I want to achieve is to either:
> 1) Import Google Maps layers into mapserver to use as a base then overlay
> my
> custom maps
> or
> 2) Use Google Maps to import mapserver as a custom overlay.
>
> So any info on either of these would be great (the first option however is
> the prefered one).
>
> Any information on these products/problems or any other solutions would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Brad

one step closer to being one w/ the dog of  small things and soft and furry
toys...