WFS for advanced queries ?

korakas koarkis korakas2004 at YAHOO.GR
Fri Feb 16 09:45:26 EST 2007

To setup database views is an option BUT has several limitations:
1) I must know in advance the queries that the user will issue
2) I dont know what happens with db perfomance: Consider that there will be a great volume of data in terms of tables and content of the tables.

My goal is to act as a content provider with an API for visualazation and querying.
I consider OGC through WMS and WFS but if understood correctly WFS cannot fullfill my needs... (right??)

For example lets say that I have two tables Cities and Roads
and I want to find :"The Road with name X which Cities crosses ?"

and then HighLight these cities!

This query can be supported in MapServer ?

"Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)" <bartvde at OSGIS.NL> έγραψε: WFS won't allow you currently to do advanced queries.

If your queries are known beforehand, you can setup database views and use
those views as a typename in WFS.

If that's not possible, you need a more direct way of controlling your
queries, Mapscript could be an option then (setting the DATA statement
dynamically on a LAYER).

Best regards,
Bart

--