OracleSpatial getFeatureInfo problem against unique column containing text

Sebastian Schmitz sebastian.schmitz at WHEREGROUP.COM
Fri Feb 23 05:27:41 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a view in Oracle Spatial 10gR2 with a unique Id, which is text.
MapServer draws the map OK using oraclespatial CONNECTIONTYPE.
However, MapServer is unable to serve a getFeatureInfo request against
that view. If I change the DATA statement to substr(ID, 3,7), removing
letters from the ID - getFeatureInfo runs fine for the time being, but
without the letters my ID will soon lose its uniqueness.

Is MapServer able to server a getFeatureInfo request against DATA that
uses a unique text-column containing letters?

Find more detail below:
mapfile:
CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
  CONNECTION "GDI/****@ORCL_HOGGNO"
  #not serving getFeatureInfo
  DATA "GEOM FROM V_*** USING UNIQUE SST_NR SRID 8307 FILTER VERSION 10g"
  #serving getFeatureInfo
  DATA "GEOM FROM V_*** USING UNIQUE substr(SST_NR,3,7) SRID 8307 FILTER
VERSION 10g"
  FILTER "BEREICHKZ = '3'"

log:
Fri Feb 23 10:54:40 2007 - msOracleSpatialLayerGetShape(): OracleSpatial
error. Error: ORA-01722: invalid number
 . Query statement: SELECT ***,***, GEOM FROM V_*** WHERE SST_NR = 0 AND
BEREICHKZ = '2' .Check your data statement.

SST_NR in this case should not be null, but sth. like 'SS0023093 '.

Cheers

Sebastian

--
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG