can tiles that are all black can be identified and deleted or ignored?

Ben Tuttle funkbucket at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 23 15:20:43 EST 2007

Not sure if you got an answer to this yet. I would just run gdalinfo
-mm <tilename> on each tile before running gdaltindex and then remove
any tiles where the min/max are 0,0.