PHP/MapScript getShape() failing with an index returned by getResult() - PostGIS layer

Doug B ummmmm22 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 27 10:50:11 EST 2007

On 2/27/07, Dirk Tilger <dirk at advtechme.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 01:49:39PM -0600, Doug B wrote:
> > The getShape() call returns nothing.  If I try to echo the shape
> > object itself, it's blank, and not surprisingly all of the attributes
> > are as well, including index.
>
> What does var_dump($shape) have to say exactly?

Ok, I'll try that.

> > On an older system (MapServer 4.2, Postgres 7.4.3, PostGIS 0.9) this
> > code works correctly, and I can't see what we could be doing wrong
> > between asking the layer for a shapeindex and asking the layer for the
> > shape at that shapeindex.  The database appears to contain valid data,
> > and the query sees enough of it to find the correct number of results.
>
> The layer is PostGIS? If it is: how have you verified those 88 results
> above are correct? One thing I would have tried would have been to turn
> on query logging.

Will look for that as well.  The reason I believe the 88 are correct
is that I'm comparing them to our older system which is using a copy
of the same data.  It also returns 88 results for the same boundary
query and all of them are complete.

> Have you tried a different PHP?

Have not tried that.  Was afraid of changes that might be required on
5 so took the latest 4.  Would you suggest an older 4?

> Dirk.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Any help at all at this point is welcome.

Doug