PHP/MapScript getShape() failing with an index returned by getResult() - PostGIS layer

Tue Feb 27 12:34:57 EST 2007

Doug B wrote:

> Hmmm... interestingly, I'm seeing some significant differences between
> the API documentation at
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapscript and at
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class/classes/layerobj

The SWIG MapScript (Perl, Python, etc.) and PHP MapScript differ a
little bit. Since you're using PHP MapScript you should always work with
the PHP MapScript docs.

> .  The former says getShape() was deprecated at 4.4 and shows an
> entirely different method signature:
>
> getShape( shapeObj shape, int tileindex, int shapeindex ) : int
>
> vs.
>
> shapeObj getShape(int tileindex, int shapeindex)
>
> Do I have to use the former syntax now with my post 4.4 MapServer?

With PHP MapScript you should use:

shapeObj getShape(int tileindex, int shapeindex)

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/