Drawing on Mapserver

Mon Jan 1 14:19:08 EST 2007

There two ways to draw circles:

  - use a circle layer

  - or use a circle symbol

The latter is probably more interesting for you when you combine it with
SIZEUNITS. With that you can do stuff like:

SYMBOL
  NAME 'a circle'
  TYPE ELLIPSE
  POINTS 1 1 END
  FILLED TRUE
END

LAYER
  NAME 'some circle'
  TYPE POINT
  SIZEUNITS KILOMETERS
  CLASS
    STYLE
      SYMBOL 'a circle'
      SIZE 10
      COLOR 255 0 0
    END
  END
END

This snippet will draw circles 10km in diameter at each data point. Hope
this helps.

Steve

>>> Dave Potts <dave.potts at PINAN.CO.UK> 12/30/06 2:47 PM >>>
Hi

I am trying to draw a circle around a given point at  given radius in a
map server generated image.

Due to the platform I am using its impossible to use mapscript , php or
javascript.

Is it possible to do something like this by using the symbolset file ?

Is it possible to do something sly with polygon file ?

David.