Use of CDATA in context documents

Pagurek,Debbie [NCR] Debbie.Pagurek at EC.GC.CA
Wed Jan 3 14:26:33 EST 2007

My project requires some special characters, such as subscripts, to be
used in abstracts and titles. We tried to embed CDATA into our context
documents e.g.
<![CDATA[<sub>2.5</sub>]]>
But our Chameleon application croaked. We understand that this is likely
due to the fact that MapServer itself doesn't parse the CDATA part
properly.

We are using MS v4.6.1, Chameleon version 2.2, and PHP 4.3.11 which I
know are really out of date now. Can anyone tell me if using CDATA in
context docs is supported in more recent versions of MapServer? If it
isn't, are their any plans to incorporate this?

Thanks for the info.
Debbie