changing colors in tiles without re-rendering?

Wed Jan 3 14:49:37 EST 2007

I would imagine ImageMagick can handle such a task...

Steve

>>> Ravi <ravikapoor101 at GMAIL.COM> 1/3/2007 12:21:05 PM >>>
I have a strange question. I am using block group shape files to render

map of US at all zoom levels. This is very processor intensive job. I
want to avoid rendering tiles every time I change data as it takes me
days to do so.

Is it possible that somehow I draw the block group shapes and then use

some image manipulation software to change color of each block group.
Essentially the point is to try to avoid processing shape files every
time and instead move the job to a image manipulation software which I

believe will result in significant time reduction.

I seriously doubt anything like this can be done but I decided to ask
anyways.

- Ravi