limit the area displayed on the map

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Thu Jan 4 09:43:46 EST 2007

Hi,

I am not sure if I understood you right, but perhaps you are searching for something like what BBOX is doing if added to query string?

-Jukka-

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Sarah Parrott
Sent: Tue 2.1.2007 11:30
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] limit the area displayed on the map

Hi,

 Is there a way (for example adding a parameter to the querystrinng) to
limit the area of the map that is displayed, and therefore display that part
at a larger scale? I have tried changing the extent but that doesn't seem to
work.

I want to be able to display the full extent of the map and then allow the
user to click and zoom in on it. I have got this partially working by
inserting my map file into the itasca demo. However, this seems to involve
the querystring putting the map into 'Browse' mode. I need the map to be in
'nquery' mode because I generate an imagemap using a TEMPLATE within the
LAYER specification of my map. When the map is in browse mode it uses the
TEMPLATE specified in the MAP clause, and seems to ignore my image map.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Sarah