slow database

Jeppe Lund Andersen JXA at COWI.DK
Mon Jan 8 07:52:33 EST 2007

Hello

iam running mapserver on a windows 2003 server.
I made an application that uses ODBC connection, when I run it on my local machine that has sql installed it performance fast enough (takes 2 sec to make the map), but if I has a connection to a sql that is on another server the performance is not good (takes 20 sec to make the map).

it is the same database on both machines.

So is it a known fact that when using an external SQL server the performance is slow ?

Med venlig hilsen

Jeppe Lund Andersen