WMS-Transparency (?)

Kai Behncke kbehncke at IGF.UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Mon Jan 8 08:20:50 EST 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 14:17:37 +0100, Michael Schulz wrote
> Hi Kai,
>
> did you try it with "OFFSITE 255 255 255" for the layer definition
> that cascades your wms?
> I am not sure what mapservers behaviour is, when cascading a
> transparent wms - if that transparency is (or can be) automatically
> used.
>
> Cheers, Michael

Hello Michael,
thank you for that information.
I already checked out OFFSITE [r] [g] [b] and it made
the layer on the top transparent (but it is a 100% transparency).

I would like to get it in a way that it`s just 50% transparent (so that one
can see the topic layer und underneath the streets, river, etc. of the
bottom-layer).
But I guess that this is not possible with wms-layer?

Regards, Kai
--
Dipl.-Geogr. Dipl.-Umweltw. Kai Behncke

Institut für Geoinformatik und Fernerkundung (IGF)
Universität Osnabrück
Kolpingstr. 7
49074 Osnabrück

Raum: 01/308