gdal setup with netCDF

Norman Barker nbarker at ITTVIS.COM
Thu Jan 11 04:20:03 EST 2007

Hi,

(resent since listserv doesn't like you using 'ok' as a starting
phrase!)

To build netCDF on 64 bit machines, and hence GDAL with netCDF, and thus
have netCDF support in MapServer :-)

--------
NetCDF
--------

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz
version: netCDF-3.6.0-p1

To install netCDF, uncompress and unpack the tar file, then change to
the src directory:

     gunzip netcdf-3_6_0.tar.gz
     tar -xf netcdf-3_6_0.tar
     cd netcdf-3_6_0/src

Edit macros.make, add -fPIC to CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, and CXXFLAGS

Now run the usual configure, make test, make install cycle:

     ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
     make
     make install

I am not a c/c++ programmer so if I have done something criminal let me
know!

Norman