Compile problem

Kai Behncke kbehncke at IGF.UNI-OSNABRUECK.DE
Thu Jan 11 10:30:12 EST 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:56:28 -0600, Raffaele wrote
> hi, I am new to this list.
> I am compiling mapserver on a debian server in order to build a web gis
> environment.
> the server is running a debian etch for amd64.
> I have comiled from scratch php5.2, apache 2.0.59 and all the necessary
> libraries (jpeg, png, tiff, freetype) in order to build gd2.0.33
>
> I am finally at the last step, mapserver+PHP/mapscript, but when
> trying to run 'mapserv'
>
> /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> I tried the trick explained by Xin Zheng at
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/compiling_on_unix/
> but it didn't worked for me.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> regards
> raffaele

Hello raffaele,
a couple of weeks ago I had nearly the same problem.
Did you put the path to the gd-lib in
/etc/ld.so.conf ?

After changing that file you need to type: ldconfig

HTH, Kai

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Dipl.-Umweltwiss. Kai Behncke

Institut für Geoinformatik und Fernerkundung (IGF)
Universität Osnabrück
Kolpingstr. 7
49074 Osnabrück

Raum: 01/308