MapServer and MapBuilder

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Jan 23 11:19:36 EST 2007

We've done so in a few of our projects.  The key here is that Mapbuilder
(as a standards-based client) can talk to any OGC:WMS server, for
example, and MapServer (as a standards-based server) can talk to any
OGC:WMS client.

I think one of the reasons why Mapbuilder is demo'd with GeoServer is to
illustrate Mapbuilder's WFS-T client functionality, which MapServer does
not support.

So keep in mind that Mapbuilder is connecting to a OGC:WMS, not
MapServer per se, etc.

..Tom