problem with tables having names containing underscores

Colton Smith csmith at SKIO.USG.EDU
Wed Jan 24 15:43:00 EST 2007

Hi:

  I just upgraded to postgresql-8.2.1 and I'm having trouble with my
mapserver application.

  I use php_mapscript and setFilter to impose the following condition:
currents_measurement_date_id = 18158.  Using mapserver-4.10.0, the query
fails thusly
(snippet of the database logfile):

ERROR:  argument of AND must be type boolean, not type currents
STATEMENT:  DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
"speed"::text,"theta"::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(geom)),'XDR'),currents_id::text
 from currents WHERE (currents) and (geom && setSRID( 'BOX3D(-81.5
30.58,-79.1 32.62)'::BOX3D,4326) )
ERROR:  cursor "mycursor" does not exist
STATEMENT:  CLOSE mycursor

Evidently, the filter condition is being truncated. See the WHERE clause.

Using an older version of mapserver (4.8.1) against postgresql-8.2.1, the
query seemingly hangs forever but doesn't yield any errors ... at least
until I stop the postmaster.

Under postgresql-8.1.5 and mapserver-4.8.1, things had been working very
well.  The same query would return about 1,000 rows.

I'm using postgis-1.2.1.

Anybody have this problem?  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks