PHP/MapScript DSO

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Fri Jun 1 16:46:16 EDT 2007

> I know that there are still many sources pointing to the fact that you must
> run PHP as a CGI for MapScript. I have also seen people talking about
> running mapscript successfully with PHP as a DSO.

Yeah, I've been asking off and on about this for the last 2 years. I
always see one or two "works for me" especially under Windows, and three
or four "no way" So I dunno... I've not been brave enough to try it on
our production systems.

 > Can anyone confirm they
> are running under PHP DSO, and how did you get MapServer/MapScript to
> compile under DSO? Thanks.

Mapserver/Mapscript just compiles as you would for the PHP CGI: point to
the PHP source tree and it builds php_mapscript.so

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA