Problem with an odbc connection

antti siukola siukola.antti at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 3 16:34:11 EDT 2007

Hi!

I get this error when trying to make an odbc connection via ovf:

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msOGRFileOpen(): Open failed for OGR
connection `/path/name.ovf'. Unable to initialize ODBC connection to
DSN for user/pass at DSN, [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not
found, and no default driver specified in /path/name.class.php on line
XX

I have set up an DSN to /etc/odbc.ini like this:

[DSN]
Driver = /usr/lib/libodbcmyS.so // this is my RedHat .so
DESCRIPTION = mysql driver
SERVER = localhost
PORT = 3306
USER = user // changed to foobar for this email
Password = pass // changed to foobar for this email
Database = db // changed to foobar for this email
SOCKET = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock // this is correct

For me it looks correct. Where could I start searching the problem?

Thanks!

Antti S