queryByFeatures raster

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jun 12 14:23:52 EDT 2007

Burgholzer,Robert wrote:
> Is it possible to do a queryByFeatures on a raster?  That is, I want to
> select a shape feature, then have that used as a query shape to
> summarize info in my overlapping raster.
>

> I am trying this:
>

>    $rastermap = $amap->map->getLayerByName('depart30');
>
>    $shapemap = $amap->map->getLayerByName('selectedsegs');
>
>    $rastermap->queryByShape($shapemap->index);
>

> But cannot seem to retrieve any data (even though the raster is
> definitely overlapping).
>

> My raster layer is a geoTiff (also tried as Gif, same result), with a
> manually specified world file. The images display overlapping in the map
> view window.

Robert,

I have reviewed maprasterquery.c, and confirmed that query by shape is
intended to work and the msautotest/mspython/rqtest.py script utilizes
this capability.  You might want to first try querybyrect and verify that
is working ok.  If not, then the issue is not specific to shapes.  If that
works but shapes don't then check things like "is your shape in the right
coordinate system".

If you are convinced there is a bug and can demonstrate it with a simple
example then file a bug and assign it to me.

Best regards,