queryByShape raster kills CGI with greater than 345+ records selected

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jun 12 14:39:24 EDT 2007

Burgholzer,Robert wrote:
> I figured out how to fake the queryByFeatures with a queryByShape,
> however, my CGI process is crashing when the number of records exceeds
> somewhere in the neighborhood of 340.  The error I get is:
>

> “CGI / FastCGI has encountered a problem and needs to close…”
>

> Using mapserver 4.10.1 on Apache 2.2 in windows XP.
>

> I saw a limitation in some previous posts that seemed to suggest a much
> higher threshold of failure.  The interesting thing (to me) is that the
> script manages to return selected records, and only bombs later on in
> the process.  Does anyone have any idea as to how to work around this,
> or if there is some setting that I have botched?

Robert,

It is not obvious to me why this would be occurring.  I fear this is one
of those things where it may be necessary to invest quite a bit of effort
in narrowing down the scope to reproduce the bug, and filing it.

Best regards,