Mapserver Development Environments?

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 14 18:48:33 EDT 2007

On 6/14/07, Burgholzer,Robert <rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov> wrote:
> Steve/Richard,
> I am assuming that all that will be required is a little bit of text
> formatting, and soliciting/organizing blurbs about the various
> environments that exist.  If my assumptions are correct, I would be glad
> to do this.

Thanks!

> If someone can give me basic instructions, i.e., do I go to
> the mapserver wiki entry that was mentioned by Richard?  Is this the
> pre-2005 wiki, the only one I can find reference to on the mapserver
> site, I assume therefore the wiki is no longer functioning?

I can't remember, it might not have even been a wiki. I was sort of
hoping that someone would remember because it was a nice start.

> Also, what do we call them? Mapserver Development Environments?
> Mapserver Mapping Frameworks?

In my mind they are all web map clients, with some of the (e.g.
MapBender) providing a complete framework and others (e.g OpenLayers)
be just a client with no server requirements.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com