One shapefile, many countries, many colors?

percy percyd at PDX.EDU
Fri Jun 15 00:56:24 EDT 2007

You can also use an open source tool like Quantum GIS (qgis.org) to
generate random colors like you are used to in Arc, then export the
mapfile from QGIS and copy just the class expressions into your own
mapfile that you've already been working with.

You might need to tweak the expression syntax to work with PostGIS
(depending on whether you point QGIS at a shapefile or a postgis table),
but this can still save a lot of hand coding of classes.
Percy

--
David Percy
Geospatial Data Manager